Information on women-only cars
Sotetsu has introduced women-only cars on all lines for weekday morning and evening rush-hour travel.
We humbly request the understanding and cooperation of all passengers.
- Sections covered
- All lines (main line [Yokohama - Ebina], Izumino line [Futamatagawa - Shonandai]) 35.9km
- Operating hours
- Morning and evening - late night weekday commuter services
- Trains covered
- All trains (express, rapid and local services)
All services arriving in Yokohama between 7:00 and 9:30
All outbound services departing from Yokohama from 18:00 to the last train
Click here for individual station timetables
Location of women-only cars
The fourth car on trains bound for Yokohama is the women-only car.
Train door and carriage markings
Train door stickers
On platforms: Please wait here for boarding (stated times are examples)
This sticker is affixed to the windows of women-only cars.
- In the following circumstances, male passengers may also ride women-only cars.
For details, please check with a platform attendant before boarding.
Boys up to the sixth grade of elementary school
Male passengers with a physical disability
Male care workers accompanying passengers with a physical disability, etc.
- Male passengers are requested not to pass through women-only cars while trains are in motion.
Questionnaire survey on women-only cars
Sotetsu carried out a questionnaire relating to women-only cars with a view to obtaining reference data for the future operation of this service and received valuable comments from many of our passengers. For details, please view "Results from the Questionnaire Survey on Women-only Cars".